Sea Embark is an integrated system for recording, monitoring and managing data of incoming and outgoing passengers, vehicles and parcels at the port facility, in full compliance with the ISPS Code requirements.
The solution resolves security problems via passenger and vehicle control, offers extensive information on traffic to the local community and is an important tool for the commercial development of the port and the local businesses.
Subsystems for the check-in and access control process include:
- A central database for each premise of the port facility, where all the necessary data with reference to the routes to/from the port and passengers embarking/disembarking, are stored, according to the ISPS guidelines
- An application server which is the core of the system and is used for the transmission of messages between shipping companies, the port database, and the client programs
- Web Application Servers that host interconnections with end users and interfaces with third-party systems.
- Connection with the system of the shipping company that operates sailings under the ISPS code. The central database is updated with ticket information issued by the agents, through a web services implementation. Additionally, Sea Embark enables the communication with the reservation and distribution system of the shipping company. With this solution, and if the ferry company wishes it, updated information can be quickly transferred to the port facilities. Consequently, the solution reduces the number of separate interfaces needed for an efficient communication with the systems of each shipping company.
- Local authorities and public services connections (municipality, police, immigration, customs, local hotels), allow the flow of information on traffic in the port area.
- Web services provision can integrate the data information in any web application.