We continue to receive distinctions and awards for our innovative services and products! This time, during the Mobile Excellence Awards 2019, we achieved one more recognition for the OpenSeas™ Mobile App in the category “Mobile App Consumers” by winning the bronze award at this year’s ceremony. A prestigious award ceremony that recognizes and honors leading companies in the fields of Mobile Business & Marketing.
The OpenSeas™ Mobile App is an online travel guide for European ferry routes, which has been fully developed by the CRS LIKNOSS team in Greece.
With a unique design and state-of-the-art technologically advanced version, OpenSeas™ consist the only mechanism in the world which provide real-time online information on itineraries and seating availability in live streaming with shipping companies. More specifically, users can be informed via 130.000 available routes in Europe operated in collaboration with more than 80 affiliated ferry companies, and be updated easily and quickly about their itineraries, booking options and last-minute changes.
The application offers a large number of multiple capabilities & facilitations for the traveler such as:
- Updating and selection of routes, as well as, ticket issuance, either through redirection or on the ferry's company website or via OnLine TravelAgent's web site.
- Updated real-time boat schedules even with last minute changes
- Extensive analysis for each itinerary (ports, the duration of intermediate routes, presentation of maps & routes etc.)
- Availability of tickets per seat’s category in real time, with color coded display at the same time, in order to be stand out easily the marginal or no-available categories.
- Easy search of departure and destination ports
Fast showing results via the use of LIKNOSS GDS which accommodates more than 10 million transactions per day using REST and pooling technologies, based on the state-of-the-art LIKNOSS NOC technology. This technology - unique in Greece – designed to support the functionality of a GDS according with the international standards of functionality, performance and safety.
- Can see 7day route availability from the original selected date
- Redirect to online ferry booking engines or travel agencies so that the traveler can have the opportunity to buy the ticket of his choice
- Ability to search for travel agency by country/county/ region Ability to display content, as well as, other services, such as events at selected destinations.
- Targeted advertising technology for professionals depending on the selected destination and the data provided by Each User.
It is worth noting that the app is “on air” and available free on Google Play Store and from the AppStore. The OpenSeas Mobile App users exceed 450.000 a year (2018 figures) while total visits exceed 1.3m- taking in mind that this traffic is only organic (i.e. not for advertising, social media etc.)